The Wildlife and Development of Burkina Faso Project (Faudeb) was launched in 2004 with financial help from the FGC. It combined support for:
- Development of sustainable, economic activities
- Development of participatory governance mechanisms for natural resources
- Strengthening of the organizational, technical, and legal capacities of the populations
ADAP ran the project from 2004 to 2008 with financial help from the Fédération genevoise de coopération (FGC) until handing it over to the local association Afaudeb. After 12 years of activities, a capitalization work was carried out to draw lessons from this experience. You can order the full hard copy version of the report (in French), writing us with the contact form, or download it. You can also download the four chapters of the report separately:
- The Establishment of Village Areas with Game Hunting Interest, (study carried out within the framework of the project “Management of Conservation Areas in West Africa” of the IUCN (International Union for the Conservation of Nature) with technical support from IRAM (Institute for Research and Applications of Development Methods)).
- The development of forest products sectors
- The literacy program
- The transfer of responsibilities between ADAP and Afaudeb
Recommended: the café-debate on ADAP’s report organized by the Fédération genevoise de Coopération on March 23, 2020.
ADAP is grateful to all who provided their recommendations for this study.