TURNING ENVIRONMENTAL CONSERVATION INTO A DRIVER OF DEVELOPMENT
ADAP promotes a world without asymmetry in which :
- The sustainable management of natural resources is at the centre of attention.
- Local people manage natural resources autonomously and secure stable economic incomes for themselves and future generations.
- Protected areas are recognized as central elements of sustainable development and environmental management.
To achieve this vision, ADAP sets three global objectives :
- To strengthen existing local capacities by building on existing skills and community management of natural resources.
- To enable local communities to derive income from the sustainable management of natural resources and thus strengthen their autonomy.
- To act as a link between the local level and the global level by raising awareness, informing and communicating at all levels of its activities.
All ADAP activities are carried out in accordance with several fundamental values, shared by all ADAP members and supporters :